How to Select the Right Concrete Service near Prattville Alabama
Finally you have decided to replace your old cracked driveway and want to hire a qualified concrete company near Prattville AL, but don”t really know where or how to begin. You know that the tradesman you hire needs to be a seasoned pro. You may even decide to contact a construction company that installs garage floors and patios as well as concrete driveways. Whether you go with a commercial or residential contractor, you know that the number one consideration is that they provide a quality finished product at a reasonable price. Oh, and they should operate locally and provide free no obligation quotes prior to starting any work. That about sums up what you should be looking for. But how and where to start can be somewhat confusing, so let’s take a look at a few of the steps you should take when hiring a concrete contractor. Before we do that, let’s get a little background on just what they do and some of the services they provide.
Concrete Contractors are Professionals
A concrete contractor is a trained and experienced professional that is able to work with concrete through all of its stages, starting with unmixed dry ingredients and ending in its final hardened form. They will manage the delivery of the mixed concrete and make sure that it is poured properly. It will then be leveled by an expert craftsman so that it produces a smooth surface that will cure properly. A concrete specialist can help clients with design ideas as well as develop custom features for a unique and attractive result. Stains and textures can also be applied to give the finished product a more decorative look. Homeowners can work with these professionals creating anything from attractive backyard patios to more functional driveways and sidewalks. And a local Prattville AL concrete company will quote and deliver it for a reasonable price and with a timely completion date.
Driveways, Patios and Foundations
Now that we have learned a little bit about what a concrete contractor actually does, let’ talk a little bit more about the specific services that they provide. As we mentioned, these Prattville AL tradesmen can work with the homeowner and help them design custom projects that have a unique and decorative look. But they can also provide more functional services needed to either help build or revitalize a home, such as removing and re-installing a driveway when it cracks or starts to deteriorate. The list of these services can be rather long, but following is a partial list of some of the services that most professional concrete companies offer. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any service not listed, ask your concrete specialist.
- Concrete driveways, patios and garage floors
- Sidewalks, curbs and walkways
- Porches and steps
- Foundations and slabs
- Walls and retaining walls
- Concrete countertops
- Stamped or stained concrete, overlays and coatings
- Concrete resurfacing, installation, repair and removal
How to Find and Choose a Local Concrete Installer
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable Prattville AL contractor for concrete installation at your home or business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for all building, restoration and repair of housing. Most States even require licensing of concrete businesses. But although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable concrete expert to install your driveway, patio, or any other project or repair.
- First, ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional concrete contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local Prattville AL contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain quotes from local concrete contractors in your area by calling the phone number on this website.
- Next, verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Prattville AL contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in Alabama or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the Alabama Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Always meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Prattville AL cement contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- You must check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Prattville AL area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use this contractor again or recommend him or her to their friends and family?
- Finally, get everything in writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Prattville AL concrete contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included for the project are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Reputable Concrete Contractors Near Me Prattville AL
Now that you know how to find and hire a qualified local concrete contractor in your area, getting your old cracked driveway repaired will be easy. You can ask family or friends for a referral, or you can request quotes by calling the phone number on this website now. You originally came to this website due to an interest in Reputable Concrete Contractors Near Me and wanting more information on the topic Professional Concrete Installation Near Me. However, you now know that yo can receive proposals from licensed concrete installers servicing 36066. Experienced professionals are standing by waiting for your request. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Prattville AL concrete professional for your project now.
Other Alabama Concrete Locations
Prattville is a city in Autauga and Elmore counties in the State of Alabama. As of the 2010 census, the population of the city is 33,960. Nicknamed "The Fountain City" due to the many artesian wells in the area, Prattville is part of the Montgomery metropolitan statistical area and serves as the county seat of Autauga County.
Prattville was founded in 1839 by industrialist and architect Daniel Pratt. The area was largely inhabited by Native Americans and a few settlers when Pratt, a native of Temple, New Hampshire, first observed the Autauga Creek in the 1830s. He purchased approximately 1,000 acres (4.0 km2) from Joseph May at $21.00 an acre, and set out to build his manufacturing facilities and the town along the banks of Autauga Creek. The location was chosen because the creek could supply power to the cotton gin manufacturing equipment. The town became an industrial center and rapidly grew. In 1868, it was named the county seat for Autauga County.
On February 17, 2008, Prattville was hit by an EF3 tornado which destroyed more than 45 homes and businesses and damaged over 700. Twenty-nine people were injured with no fatalities. Preliminary estimates put the damage at $85 million in insured and uninsured damages.