How to Find the Right Concrete Professional near Summerton South Carolina
So you have decided to replace your deteriorating driveway and need to find a reliable concrete company near Summerton SC, but aren’t sure where or how to begin. You know that the tradesman you select needs to be an experienced professional. You may even decide to hire a construction company that installs concrete, including foundations, retaining walls and driveways. Whether you hire a residential or commercial contractor, you know that the number one consideration is that they install a high quality product at a reasonable price. Oh, and they should operate locally and provide free no obligation quotes before any work begins. That should about do it as far as what you are looking for. But how and where to start may be a little trickier, so let’s review a few of the steps you should take when searching for a concrete contractor. Before we do that, let’s get a little background on just what they do and some of the services they provide.
Concrete Contractors are Professionals
A concrete contractor is a trained and experienced professional that is able to work with concrete through all of its stages, starting with unmixed dry ingredients and ending in its final hardened form. They will manage the delivery of the mixed concrete and make sure that it is poured properly. It will then be leveled by an expert craftsman so that it produces a smooth surface that will cure properly. A concrete specialist can help clients with design ideas as well as develop custom features for a unique and attractive result. Stains and textures can also be applied to give the finished product a more decorative look. Homeowners can work with these professionals creating anything from attractive backyard patios to more functional driveways and sidewalks. And a local Summerton SC concrete company will quote and deliver it for a reasonable price and with a timely completion date.
Driveways, Patios and Foundations
Now that we have learned a little bit about what a concrete contractor actually does, let’ talk a little bit more about the specific services that they provide. As we mentioned, these Summerton SC tradesmen can work with the homeowner and help them design custom projects that have a unique and decorative look. But they can also provide more functional services needed to either help build or revitalize a home, such as removing and re-installing a driveway when it cracks or starts to deteriorate. The list of these services can be rather long, but following is a partial list of some of the services that most professional concrete companies offer. This list is not all inclusive, so if you are in need of any service not listed, ask your concrete specialist.
- Concrete driveways, patios and garage floors
- Sidewalks, curbs and walkways
- Porches and steps
- Foundations and slabs
- Walls and retaining walls
- Concrete countertops
- Stamped or stained concrete, overlays and coatings
- Concrete resurfacing, installation, repair and removal
How to Find and Choose a Local Concrete Installer
Now that you know who they are and what they do, let’s take a look at some important steps you should take to find and hire a reputable Summerton SC contractor for concrete installation at your home or business. The first thing that you should keep in mind is that you need to do your due diligence to protect yourself. Yes, there are City, County and State laws in place requiring minimum standards for all building, restoration and repair of housing. Most States even require licensing of concrete businesses. But although all contractors must follow the regulations in place, not all do. And even the most stringent laws will not protect you from poor workmanship, delays or unfinished projects. At least they won’t until after the fact. So it is important that you take the following steps to not only protect yourself but ensure that you are hiring a reliable concrete expert to install your driveway, patio, or any other project or repair.
- First, ask for referrals. Soliciting referrals from satisfied customers is a good way to find a reputable and professional concrete contractor. Friends, neighbors and family are always good resources to start with. Another option that is becoming more and more popular is obtaining quotes from services that pre-screen local Summerton SC contractors in your area to ensure that they are licensed and certified professionals for your protection. You can obtain quotes from local concrete contractors in your area by calling the phone number on this website.
- Next, verify Licenses and Credentials. It is a good idea to do some preliminary research into the background of the Summerton SC contractors you are considering. Confirm that they hold all of the licenses required in South Carolina or your City or Local Municipality. Check with the Better Business Bureau for any complaints as well as the South Carolina Attorney General. Go online and check local reviews and visit their website. Find out if they hold any designations from professional organizations. All of these credentials and citations will give you an insight into not only their professionalism but their standing in your community.
- Always meet with the contractors. Once you have narrowed down the list to two or three candidates have them come to your home to see the job first hand. Make sure that all bids are based on the same specifications and cover all of your job requirements. If their bid is unusually high or even low, ask them why. Be sure to ask all pertinent questions, such as how long will the job take, or if they anticipate there will be any problems or delays. Be wary if the Summerton SC cement contractor doesn’t ask you many questions about your requirements or concerns.
- You must check references. Before making the final selection, ask for and check at least 3 Summerton SC area references. Ask each previous customer if the job was completed to their complete satisfaction. Ask if the job was completed on time and billed as quoted. Was there anything that the customer was not 100% satisfied with? Was there anything that they wish had been done differently? And finally, would they use this contractor again or recommend him or her to their friends and family?
- Finally, get everything in writing. After making your final selection, be sure to review all of the documents that your Summerton SC concrete contractor has prepared for you. Ask for certificates of insurance for the Workers Compensation as well as the Liability Insurance. Be sure to contact the insurance company to verify that the policies are both current. Verify that they will obtain a Building Permit if required. Make sure that all services and materials that are included for the project are detailed in the final proposal, as well as the total cost. Also make sure that the deposit and payment schedule is specified so each party knows what is expected. Start and completion dates, dispute resolution, and warranties all should be covered in the final contract.
Skilled Concrete Removal Estimates Summerton SC
Now that you know how to find and hire a qualified local concrete contractor in your area, getting your old cracked driveway repaired will be easy. You can ask family or friends for a referral, or you can request quotes by calling the phone number on this website now. You originally came to this website due to an interest in Skilled Concrete Removal Estimates and wanting more information on the topic Concrete Countertop Cost. However, you now know that yo can receive proposals from licensed concrete installers servicing 29148. Experienced professionals are standing by waiting for your request. So what are you waiting for? Find the right Summerton SC concrete professional for your project now.
Other South Carolina Concrete Locations
Summerton, South Carolina
Summerton is in southwestern Clarendon County at 33°36′19″N 80°21′8″W / 33.60528°N 80.35222°W / 33.60528; -80.35222 (33.605145, -80.352159).Interstate 95 passes just south of the town, with access from Exit 108. I-95 leads northeast 57 miles (92 km) to Florence and southwest 120 miles (190 km) to Savannah, Georgia. U.S. Routes 15 and 301 join in the center of Summerton. US 301 leads northeast 10 miles (16 km) to Manning, the Clarendon County seat, and US 15 leads north 23 miles (37 km) to Sumter, while the combined highways lead southwest 11 miles (18 km) to Santee.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,061 people, 452 households, and 285 families residing in the town. The population density was 919.3 people per square mile (356.2/km²). There were 516 housing units at an average density of 447.1 per square mile (173.2/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 39.77% White, 57.21% African American, 0.19% Native American, 0.75% Asian, 1.41% from other races, and 0.66% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.07% of the population.
There were 452 households out of which 25.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 36.5% were married couples living together, 24.1% had a female householder with no husband present, and 36.9% were non-families. 34.1% of all households were made up of individuals and 14.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.34 and the average family size was 3.00.